Sunday 31 May 2009

Bristol Design Festival and other bits!

I'm in the middle of sorting out my exhibit for the Bristol Design Festival which runs from the 5th - 11th of June. I'm really looking forward to it; it'll be nice to display my work for people who may not be familiar with my stuff and who knows, I may even get some commissions from it which would be cool!
I'm also psyching myself up to send out more samples to publishers and agents. I always hate doing this as I never know if what I'm sending brings across my personality and work and if it even stands out at all. I think I just have to do it and not dwell on it too much!
This morning I was thinking about what I want to work on next as a personal project as the last few weeks I've been a bit stuck and have been doodling, reading and playing on my DS more than anything as I tend to get into a bit of a fluster if I try to work when I'm in a bit of a uninspired mood. I like working on projects that involve lots of images in a set format (like my Thingies and Kiyarakuta) as my brain starts spitting out all kinds of things and my momentum picks up very quickly. So I thought why not do something that be used as promotional material, something collectible and kind of quirky so I'm going to make 100 images that will be printed as business/trading cards that can be handed out and also promoted as kind of collectible artwork!
More on this when I've had a doodle...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails